December 1, 2012

Grand Tasting!

For those who would not know this huge event, I will sum up quickly.

The GT is a 2 days event taking place in Paris at the Carrousel du Louvre. This year, for the 7th edition, the rendez-vous is settled for the 30th of november and the 1st of december.

You will  discover some of the best vintages of more than 300 french and foreign wine producers
You can add to that the tasting of Champagne and Spirituous and the possibility of participate to some "Gourmets workshops" or Master Class to learn about the harmony beetween wine and food.

I have booked my ticket, I can't wait untill friday so I am started to read the list of the Bordeaux producers who will attend this year... 

                                                    Brown
Cos d'Estournel


                                       Marquis de Terme                        Giscours                                                                                           Prieuré-Lichine
                                  
                     Issan




Friday finally!!!

I arrived at 4.OOpm, gave a 10€ bail for my glass, dropped off my coat, took the map and GOOOOOOO!!!!

I started with "Le Paradis", placed on the mezzanine, Château Fieuzal, Cos d'Estournel, Château Giscours, Domaine de Chevalier, Ruinart,Perrier-Jouët had pride of place on it. 

I tred a fabulous Nuit Saint Georges 2010, which needs aging but already has a delicious taste of liquorice and a delicious Saint Estèphe 2007 from Cos d'Estournel

Some Champagne Perrier-Jouët 2004, which for me, has a nice taste of apple, but yet I'm pretty sure it wasn't Champomy...!



 
 After those heavenly wines, I went downstairs and there starts a wine road accross all the french wine regions and some from oversaes like Spain, California, Italia even Tunisia.

The spirits were also part of this hudge exhibition, Cognac has a very trendy stand.














  


The Pavillon Rothschild is here, imposing, with not less than 23 of its wines.





































No surprise that I tried quantity of Margaux. I enjoyed a beautiful Marquis de Terme 2005, last time I visited their Château, I had just tasted 2009 & 2010, which were already nuggets!
















I finally left at 8.15pm, with a Prieuré-Lichine 2009. I didn't see the time go by, but  the four hours spent in this temple of terroirs can be seen on my lips...It's time for me to have dinner!!





Winely yours!
Cheers
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment